Learn more about the Digital Media Labs at the Ela Area Public Library.
The Ela Area Public Library has two digital media labs available for use by Ela cardholders on the second floor. The purpose of the digital media labs is to provide Library patrons with a space where they may use various digital media technologies that support their educational, professional, and personal goals and endeavors. The labs contain the following equipment and software:
• Mac Pro Desktop Computer
• Voice microphone
• Instrument Microphone
• Video Camcorder
• VHS Player with DVD Recorder
• Digital video converter
• Film/photo scanner
• Adobe Acrobat Pro (PDF creator)
• Adobe Illustrator (Advanced vector graphics viewer/editor)
• Adobe InDesign (Advanced desktop publisher)
• Adobe Photoshop (Advanced photo viewer/editor)
• Adobe Photoshop Elements (Intermediate photo viewer/editor)
• Adobe Premiere Pro (Advanced video editing application)
• DVD Player (Movie playback application)
• Garage Band (Beginner’s audio recording/editing application)
• iDVD (DVD burning application)
• iMovie (Beginner’s video editing application)
• iPhoto (Beginner’s photo viewer/editor)
The Digital Media Labs are available to Ela cardholders ages 12 and up. Ela cardholders 11 and under must have a parent accompany them in the lab at all times. For the complete Digital Media Lab usage policy, click here.
The Digital Media Labs are available for three hours at a time. However, Library patrons may stay longer if there is no demand for the labs at the end of their two hour time slot. Groups of up to 3 people may use a lab.
You can reserve a lab up to one week in advance in person at the 2nd floor Reference desk or by telephone at 847-438-3433 ext. 502.
The library has several additional items to assist you in the Digital Media Labs. You can request these items at the Adult Reference Desk:
• 32-note mini musical keyboard
• Firewire 9-pin to 9-pin Cable
• Firewire 9-pin to 6-pin Cable
• Firewire 9-pin to 4-pin Cable
• iPad/iPhone/iPod dock to USB cable
• Micro-USB to USB cable
• RCA Audio Video Cable
• Slide and Negative Holder for the scanner
• VHS-C Adapter
Note: there is also a Mini-USB to USB cable in each room, attached to the camcorder tripod.
Do you need assistance with the software or hardware in one of our labs? Click here to learn about the resources that are available.