Virtual Branch Specialist
Ela Area Public Library District
The Ela Area Public Library District, located in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago in the community of Lake Zurich, seeks a collaborative, insightful individual to join the organization as the Virtual Branch Specialist. (Posted 2/11/19).
We are looking for someone who readily embraces innovation and excellence in virtual services, and will help us find ways to address our community’s emerging needs.
The Virtual Branch Specialist reports to the Assistant Director for Discover and Technology. Responsibilities include designing and developing web pages, forms, and other content for staff and public use, either by utilizing personal expertise or in coordination with third-party providers of website development and programming. The ideal candidate will be someone committed to optimizing the end-user experience.
For additional duties please click here for the Virtual Branch Specialist job description here.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field; Two years of experience with web content design and management.
Salary: $22.09 - $27.61 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. Full benefits including participation in IMRF. Night and weekend availability.
If you are interested in joining the Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please email your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin.
Part-Time Security Monitor
Ela Area Public Library District
The Ela Area Public Library is seeking an energetic individual to serve as a part-time Security Monitor. This position is responsible for helping to maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all library visitors. The ability to work as part of a team with a positive attitude even when dealing with problems is highly desired. (Updated 10/15/18).
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Makes routine inspections of the interior building and exterior grounds to maintain the safety and security of all library patrons, property, and staff.
- Continually observes activity in the library and on library property to maintain an appropriate environment consistent with the library’s policies. Completes Incident Reports as needed.
- Follows established procedures and assists with vacating, closing, and securing the building.
- Provide excellent customer service and hospitality
- Communicate positively, clearly & effectively with all age groups
- Work independently
- Anticipate potential disruptive behavior and take preventative action
- Maintain composure under stress
- Interpret Library policies & procedures to the public
- Stand for long periods of time
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years working with the public where problem solving was required
- Basic computer skills
- Previous experience working in a library environment preferred
- Spanish, Polish, or Chinese language skills a plus
Position Hours: About 11 hours per week. Wednesday 3:00pm-9:00pm, alternating weekends Saturday: 11:00am-5:00pm and Sunday 12:00pm-5:00pm. Ability to stay beyond closing hours if necessary.
Salary: $14.19 per hour, depending on qualifications
If you are interested in joining Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please complete the PDF application, save it to your computer, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.*
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.