*Priority entrance for vulnerable populations Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10am-11am
We're Open -- Grab N' Go Services
While Maintaining Social Distancing & Following Safety Measures
Plus Access to Computers & Wifi • Drive-Up Services • Increased Safety
Encouraging brief visits. We want you to come in, find your books, CDs, DVDs, and children's items, check them out and take them back home to enjoy. This is what we call Grab N' Go services.
Other in-demand services that are open NOW include:
- Browsing and Borrowing
- Computers (with time limits), Wifi & Printing
- Call, Email and Chat with Staff during Open Hours
- Printing, Faxing, Scanning & Copying
- Drive-Up Services for Contact-free Returns and Pick Up of Materials
- Remote 3D Printing
- Voter Registration
Services that will open LATER:
- Study Rooms & Reading Room
- In-person Programming
- Forge Services and Equipment
- Digital Media Labs
- Individual and Collaborative Seating Areas
- Notary & Passports
Take a look at our FAQs page for all the details.
Safety & face coverings. Our primary concern is everyone's health & safety. Our building has undergone a deep cleaning. We are adhering to strict social distancing, reduced occupancy, and other guidelines set forth by local and state health officials. We have installed hand sanitizing stations, acrylic sneeze guards and touchless faucets/soap dispensers. All returned library materials undergo a seven-day quarantine. High-touch surfaces are sanitized frequently.
Perhaps most importantly, all library staff are required to wear face coverings, and per the guidance of local and state health officials, all library patrons are also required to wear face coverings (over age 2) in order to enter our building.
Drive-Up Services. This streamlined service makes it so easy to pick up your holds and drop off your returns. Simply place your holds online (or by phone) and our staff will notify you when your item is ready for pick up.
So many ways to connect. We have missed you and we are here to serve you in this new environment. We also encourage you to stream and download materials at eapl.org; enjoy our entertaining and educational library programs online; and take advantage of our Drive-Up Services.
In the meantime, let’s continue to learn, connect, create, and grow together at a safe social distance.
Before items are checked in, they are placed in quarantine. Unlike retail stores that offer one way transactions, library items circulate between many people. We have closely followed an ongoing national study to determine the length of time necessary to quarantine library materials and have followed those guidelines. The latest update to this study has recommended to quarantine items for 7 days. We do not want to take any chances with our community’s health and are doing all we can to keep staff and patrons safe. Additionally, our library system requires all libraries participating in interlibrary loan to adhere to these guidelines. More information on quarantine study
What does this mean?
- After you return items, they will remain on your account for at least 7 days. There are no fines. All items are cleared from the account when the item is checked back in.
- Automated overdue notices are sent after 10 days and again after 15 days. Because we are in a consortium, we cannot change the timing of these notices. If you returned your items and receive your first notice, don’t worry! It will be checked in after the quarantine period.
Community Resources during COVID-19
Library staff has put together the following reliable resources for the community during this time. Please contact us if you have any questions or need assistance finding further information. We are here to help.