The library is open for Grab ‘n Go services. Stop in to browse and checkout items, use a computer, or make copies. Masks are required at all times. Please keep your visit brief. To prioritize everyone's health and safety, some in-person services are paused.
Plan Your Visit
- Masks must be worn over the nose and mouth for the duration of your visit.
- Grab n’ Go Services - keep your visit brief.
- Social distance at least 6 feet from others.
- Capacity limits are in place.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Children under age 9 must be near a caregiver at all times.
If you cannot wear a mask, call 847-438-3433 or send us a message for information on available accommodations.
Available In-Person Services
- Browsing, borrowing, and returns
- Library card sign-up and renewal
- Computers (with time limits) and Wi-Fi
- Printing, faxing, scanning & copying
- 3D print requests
- Program kit pickup and crafts-to-go for kids
- Voter registration
- Notary (hours limited - please call to check availability before your visit)
Temporarily Unavailable Services
- Study rooms & Quiet Reading Room
- In-person programming
- Toys and manipulatives in the Children’s Department
- Forge makerspace equipment
- Library of Things items
- Digital Media Labs
- Study tables and collaborative seating areas
- Newspapers – but online newspapers are available
- Passport processing
Phone, Chat, & Email
Call, email, or chat with staff during open hours.
Return materials at the drive-up book drop 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Drive-Up Holds Pickup
Drive-up services will continue to be available to pick up items placed on hold. Please note: all holds are at the drive-up window.
Home Delivery Services
If you are a district resident unable to come to the library for health reasons, please call us at 847-438-3433 or send a message to Outreach Services.
Laptops and Wi-Fi Hotspots
A limited number of Wi-Fi hotspots and laptops with Wi-Fi hotspots included are available for checkout to Ela patrons. Place a hold on a laptop or hotspot
- Virtual programs continue
- If you are registered for a program with a take-home kit and are not comfortable entering the library or have multiple people in your party, such as families with children, curbside pickup is available.
- Crafts-to-go for kids are available first-come, first-serve. Pick up crafts in the Children's Department or outside in the box near the building sidewalk.
Staff and Patron Safety
Safety measures in place
- We have increased cleaning protocols and frequently sanitize high-touch surfaces.
- Plexi-glass partitions are installed at all public desks.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the building.
- Staff are adhering to strict social distancing, reduced occupancy, and other guidelines set forth by health officials.
- Staff and patrons wear face coverings in the building.
Community Resources during COVID-19
Local Vaccine Information
Register on Lake County’s AllVax Portal to receive updates on COVID-19 vaccine availability or schedule an appointment if eligible.
Reliable Community Resources
- Health Information and Resources
- Resources for Your Well-Being and Safety
- Small Business Aid/Employment
- Help for Residents
Library staff curated these resources. Please contact us if you have any questions or need assistance finding further information. We are here to help.