- 3/31/20 - Governor Pritzker extends stay at home order through April 30.
- 3/21/20 - Stay at home order issued for the state of Illinois through April 7. Library building closed until further notice.
- 3/20/20 - Library programs canceled through May 10. Governor J.B. Pritzker recommended cancelling all events of 50 or more people for the next eight weeks, based on CDC recommendations. The CDC also recommends canceling events of 10 or more for "vulnerable populations," which includes the elderly. Following these recommendations, all library programs are canceled through May 10.
- 3/18/20- Hoopla checkouts increased to 20 per month and Ancestry Library Edition now available for at-home use.
- 3/13/20 - The Ela Area Public Library will temporarily close from March 14-29 in response to recent health recommendations to minimize the spread of COVID-19. For the Primary Election on Tuesday, March 17, the building will be open for voting from 6am-7pm, but library services will not be available. Please keep all library materials you currently have checked out until the library reopens. Due dates have been extended and there are no fines. Book drops will also be closed during this time.
- 3/12/20 - All Programs are canceled through Tuesday, March 31. The Library is taking preventative measures to help minimize the spread of COVID-19
Community Resources during COVID-19
Library staff has put together the following reliable resources for the community during this difficult time. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance finding further information. We are here to help.