Jump to navigation
Returns and Holds Pickup at the Drive-Up Window
- Ela Area Public Library District Cardholders may request items for pickup at the drive-up window. Please wait for a notification to know when items are ready for pickup.
- Once materials are returned, they will be quarantined for 72 hours. Please note that the items will remain on your account during this time. Remember, there are no fine.
- Please bring oversized materials inside to return. If you would prefer to stay outside, please call us at 847-438-3433.
- Questions? Email email@example.com or contact us during open hours.
How to Request Items for Pickup at the Drive-Up Window
- Visit our website and search the catalog for desired titles. Holds pickup is currently only available for Ela Area Public Library District Cardholders.
- When you find an item you want, select Place Hold. Currently, only items owned by the Ela Library may be placed on hold for pick-up.
- Log into your account with your library card number or username and password, and select Submit Request to confirm the hold.
- Select "Go to your list of holds requests" to check current holds on your account and cancel any items you no longer wish to receive.
- Wait for email or phone notification to find out when your holds are ready.
How to Pick up Your Items
- When we notify you that your items are ready, please come to the library within 7 days.
- When you arrive to pick up your items, please go to the drive-up window. If you are on foot or bicycle, ride or walk up to the drive-up.
- Drop off any materials you wish to return at the drive-up book drop. Please only return items that will easily fit in the slot.
- At the drive-up window, please hold up your library card near the window so the staff member can read it.
The Library Cares about Your Safety and Wellness
- All returned materials are quarantined for 72 hours before becoming available to other patrons.
- Library staff are following new safety procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Library staff are wearing masks and socially distancing in the building.