* Staffing is limited. Please call before arriving to the library to ensure that notary services are available. *
- The Library should have a Notary available all hours we are open. Please call to confirm at (847) 438-3433 x502.
- Notary services close fifteen minutes before the library closes.
- Please bring a current, unexpired photo identification with a signature issued by a U.S. state or federal government, such as a Driver’s License, State ID Card, U.S. Military ID, or U.S. Passport.
- Please do not sign the document beforehand. Documents must be signed in the Notary's presence.
- If witnesses are required in addition to a Notary, please provide your own witnesses. The Library is unable to supply witnesses for you.
- Documents must be in English and must be complete, without blank spaces.
- Due to changes in notarial law (effective June 1, 2009) we cannot notarize any real estate documents pertaining to Cook County.*
- Due to Illinois notary law, we are unable to certify copies.
- We are unable to complete or notarize government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
* If you need a Cook county real estate document notarized, Lavelle Law Ltd. in Schaumburg is fairly nearby.
Other Locations Offering Notary Services
- Lake Zurich Currency Exchange Inc: 592 W IL Route 22, Lake Zurich (847) 438-0373
- H&R Block: 1120 S Old Rand Rd, Lake Zurich (847) 438-4535
- UPS Store # 5876: 21720 W Long Grove Rd Suite C, Deer Park (847) 726-9696
- UPS Store # 1220: 830 W Route 22, Lake Zurich (847) 540-8550
- Lavelle Law Ltd.: 1933 N Meacham Rd Suite 600, Schaumburg, IL (847) 705-7555
* We have been informed that none of these other locations will notarize government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
Other Notary Options
Mobile Notary: We are unable to go outside of the library in order to notarize a document. If you are in need of a mobile notary, please consult the following website: http://www.123notary.com. This is also a source to check for notaries who might fill out I-9 forms.
App: Notarize is the first on-demand remote, electronic notary service valid in all 50 US states and the District of Columbia. Notarize allows for remote notarization via video call. The app is free; however, each notarial act costs $25.00.
App is available as a free download from: