Prizes are available now for completing the Winter Reading Challenge (either on Beanstack, or your paper log) now. Choose from a board book or a library card pouch with a mood ring and winter reading button inside! Stop by the Children's Desk or have it delivered to your trunk - call 847-438-3840 from a curbside parking spot.
From December 1st - January 31st.
On a computer? Sign up on Beanstack
On a tablet or mobile device? Download the Beanstack app on your smart phone or other device to register and to log your reading. Search for "Ela Area Public Library" to join the challenge. This free app is available on Google Play and the Apple App Store.
How it Works
- Sign up online - families have the option to sign up together on one account.
- Choose the Reader or Pre-Reader program and log your progress to earn digital badges throughout the challenge.
- Pre-Readers will keep track of the number of books shared. Read a total of 60 books to complete the challenge.
- Readers will keep track of time spent reading. Read or be read to for 15 hours (900 minutes) to complete the challenge.
- Prizes will be available beginning January 2nd.
- Try the optional activities to earn even more badges!
- If you choose to use a paper log you don't need to sign-up or register, just start reading! The paper log is the same for both the Reader and Pre-Reader programs.
- Reading logs are available in flyer box in front of the library. As you are facing the building the box is located to your right, directly in front of the first metal bench. Pick one up anytime.
- Or print at home: Winter reading log, Registro de lectura de invierno
email email@example.com or call 847-438-3840.