The library is open for Grab ‘n Go services. Stop in to browse and checkout items, use a computer, or make copies. Masks are required at all times for anyone over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status. To prioritize everyone's health and safety, some in-person services are paused.
Plan Your Visit
- Face coverings are required in the library at all times for anyone over age 2, regardless of vaccination status. The Lake County Health Department has reported high community spread and recommends masks be worn in indoor settings. In addition, masks are required in all Lake County government buildings.
- Grab n’ Go Services - keep your visit brief.
- Social distance at least 6 feet from others.
- Capacity limits are in place.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Children ages 10 and under must be near a caregiver at all times.
If you cannot wear a mask, call 847-438-3433 or send us a message for information on available accommodations.
Available In-Person Services
- Browsing, borrowing, and returns
- Library card sign-up and renewal
- Computers and Wi-Fi
- Printing, faxing, scanning & copying
- Limited seating
- Forge makerspace open with limited services
- Digital Media Labs
- Library of Things items for checkout
- Program kit pickup and crafts-to-go for all ages
- Study Rooms - make a reservation
- Voter registration
- Notary (hours limited - please call to check availability before your visit)
- Passport processing by appointment
Temporarily Unavailable Services
- Some in-library programming
- Toys and manipulatives in the Children’s Department
- Return materials at the drive-up book drop 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Place holds and pick up items at the drive-up window.
- Home Delivery Services - If you are a district resident unable to come to the library for health reasons, please call us at 847-438-3433 or send a message to email@example.com.
- A limited number of Wi-Fi hotspots and laptops with Wi-Fi hotspots included are available for checkout to Ela patrons.
- Virtual programs continue. Some in-library programs now available with capacity limits.
- If you are registered for a program with a take-home kit and are not comfortable entering the library or have multiple people in your party, such as families with children, curbside pickup is available.
- Crafts-to-go for kids are available first-come, first-serve. Pick up crafts in the Children's Department.
Staff and Patron Safety
Safety measures in place
- We have increased cleaning protocols and frequently sanitize high-touch surfaces.
- Plexi-glass partitions are installed at all public desks.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the building.
- Staff are adhering to strict social distancing, reduced occupancy, and other guidelines set forth by health officials.
- Staff and patrons over age 2 wear face coverings in the building.