U.S. History in Context delivers comprehensive, contextual, media-rich search results from the most extensive online collection of historical information available today. Providing a complete overview of U.S. history that covers the most-studied events, issues and current information, it combines documents from Primary Source Microfilm’s™ digital archives; articles from classic Macmillan Reference USA™ and Charles Scribner’s Sons® references; as well as other Gale proprietary content such as country and era overview information, and full-text periodicals and journals. Unlike other sources that only offer periodical or bibliographic information, this broad collection of full-text periodicals, reference works, primary documents and scholarly analysis includes:
- Select articles from more than 95 new Gale reference titles not previously available
- Periodical articles from respected publications like "Newsweek", "American Heritage" and "The Historian"
- Easy to search image galleries containing seals, maps and flags
- Viewpoint essays
- Video and audio from NBC, NPR and other reliable sources
- The ability to cross-search World History in Context with a subscription to both products
Not only does this online solution provide the interactive content in context required by 21st-century learners, it surpasses all other electronic sources in providing integrated access to such diverse and rare primary source material.