Low Vision Services & Resources
Library Materials for Checkout
- Large Print Books - Browse the library’s extensive large print collection.
- Audiobooks - Listen to books on CD or check out Playaway all-in-one MP3 audiobooks.
- Stream & Download – Find ebooks, eaudiobooks, magazines, and more.
- Assistive Devices – Check out a CCTV unit, a powerful magnifying camera with video monitor to view printed materials, or try a portable magnifying unit to read menus, price tags, ingredients on labels, etc.
Lake County Center for Independent Living
Some services include:
- Amplified Phones Program
- Assistive Technology and Braille Training - teaches technology use for screen reading and magnification, assistive devices, and Braille.
- Older Blind Services – Seniors 55 and older obtain and are trained to use adaptive devices.