Services and Resources
The library has a wheelchair for use in the building. Ask at the Information Desk if you would like to use it.
- Ela Cardholders unable to access the building temporarily or permanently can have items delivered at home. Request items for checkout to be delivered on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Contact Outreach Services for more information and to determine eligibility.
- Call, chat, or email the library.
- Search for and place items on hold using the library’s catalog.
- Access and manage your library account.
- Return items and pick up holds at the drive-up window.
- Stream or download movies, magazines, ebooks, and more.
- Access research databases at home.
- Memory Café - People with mild or early-stage memory loss and their care partners come together for connection and conversation while enjoying themed activities. Co-sponsored with the Barrington Area Council on Aging (BACOA). Held monthly on the third Tuesday. Call Pam Pellizzari at BACOA to register: (847) 381-5030.
- Alzheimer's Support Group - This monthly drop-in group provides information and support for those in a support role.
- Caregiver Collection Kiosk – Books for checkout and community resources for those in a caregiving role are located near the elevator on the second floor.
- Caregiver Kits - Interactive kits that include books, music, and videos centered on a specific theme provide everything needed to spark a conversation.
- Read-a-Loud – Library staff shares topical stories and poems along with music and conversation with residents at Lexington Health Care Center.
- Library Material Delivery – Library staff visits monthly or as needed to bring materials to many facilities and groups in the library district. Current sites include Queen of Peace, Mt. St. Joseph, Azpira Place, Cedar Lake, and Zurich Meadows Apartments.
- Community Partnerships and Presentations – Library staff work closely with many community organizations to jointly offer programs at the library and in the community. Staff are also available to make presentations and recommend books for community groups.