Services and Resources
The library has a wheelchair for use in the building. Ask at the Information Desk if you would like to use it.
Ela cardholders unable to access the library temporarily or permanently can have items delivered at home. Specific titles can be requested online, by email, or over the phone. Outreach staff can also select items on your behalf.
Individuals receiving home delivery services are also eligible to receive quarterly FOX (Forge-Outreach Express) craft kits, courtesy of the Forge.
Contact Outreach Services for more information and to determine eligibility.
- Call, chat, or email the library.
- Search for and place items on hold using the library’s catalog.
- Access and manage your library account.
- Return items and pick up holds at the drive-up window.
- Stream or download movies, magazines, ebooks, and more.
- Access research databases at home.
- Memory Café - People with mild or early-stage memory loss and their care partners come together for connection and conversation while enjoying themed activities. Co-sponsored with the Barrington Area Council on Aging (BACOA). Held monthly on the third Tuesday. Call Pam Pellizzari at BACOA to register: (847) 381-5030.
- Alzheimer's Support Group - This monthly drop-in group provides information and support for those in a support role.
- Caregiver Collection – Books for checkout and community resources for those in a caregiving role are located on the second floor in the non-fiction collection
- Remember Together Kits - Interactive kits that include books, music, and videos centered on a specific theme provide everything needed to spark a conversation.
- Senior Storytime - Library staff shares topical stories, jokes, and poems once a month with the residents of Avantara Lake Zurich.
Delivering Library Materials - In addition to delivering to individual homes, Outreach staff visit many group residences within our district to bring the library to you! We have regularly assigned visits at the Queen of Peace, Mt. St. Joseph, Azpira Place, Cedar Lake, Zurich Meadows Apartments, the Auberge, and Avantara.
Community Partnerships - Outreach staff work closely with many community organizations to jointly offer programs at the library and in the community. Staff are also available to make presentations on accessibility and library services for community groups.