Challenge yourself! The library has reading challenges for all ages throughout the year.
1000 Books before Kindergarten
Strengthen your parent-child relationship, stimulate brain development, and build lifelong language and literacy skills.
How it Works
- Show your Ela Library card at the Children’s Reference Desk and fill out a quick registration form.
- Receive a log to keep track of your reading and a free tote bag to carry all your books!
- Read whatever books you like.
- Complete 1,000 books, then pick up your t-shirt prize and take a photo with our finisher sign.
- Visit our 1,000 Books page for more info.
For Teens and Adults
10 to Try Annual Reading Challenge
Allow us to treat you to 10 different genres and topics! For teens and adults ages 12 and up. From March 1-December 31, 2021.
How It Works
- Sign up on the library's Beanstack website or download the Beanstack app.
- Read books on 10 different themes anytime during the program.
- Enjoy a book of your choice within each topic or click a badge in the challenge to select a title from reading lists curated by our librarians.
- Complete 10 books and pick up your free 10 to Try tote bag! Prizes available until January 7, 2022 at the Information Desk.