The library offers free Notary Public services at the Reference Desk on the second floor. You do not need to make an appointment. We provide notary service until 15 minutes before we close.
- Please bring a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Do not sign the document(s) beforehand; you must sign them in the presence of the Notary.
- If your document(s) requires a witness, please provide your own. The library cannot provide witnesses.
- In accordance with the Illinois Notary Law of 2023, the notary will ask you to sign your name in their notary journal. We can not provide notary service to those who decline to sign the notary journal.
We Cannot Notarize
- Cook County real estate transactions or documents
- IRS I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification forms
- We cannot certify copies
- Documents that are not in English