The library offers free Notary Public services at the Reference Desk on the second floor. You do not need to make an appointment. We provide notary service until 15 minutes before we close.
- Please bring a valid photo ID.
- Do not sign the document(s) beforehand; you must sign them in the presence of the Notary.
- If your document(s) requires a witness, please provide your own. The library cannot provide witnesses.
We Cannot Notarize
- Cook County real estate transactions or documents
- IRS I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification forms
- We cannot certify copies.